Re: Translations of folder names - two proposals
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- Cc: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>, "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Translations of folder names - two proposals
- Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 14:22:52 -0500
On Sat, 2004-12-11 at 16:36 +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > - the symlinks hack makes the implementation model even more
> > complicated, and we have empirical evidence that programmers
> > and script authors will not understand said model and will
> > use it incorrectly
> Bugzilla.gnome.org is proof that programmers will use any API
> incorrectly. This is a strawman.
BTW, we do try to design APIs such that they are relatively hard to use
incorrectly when possible. Certainly not always possible or always
successfully, but it is a valid API design goal.
The fact that people use them incorrectly sometimes doesn't mean you
can't increase or decrease the probability.
] [Thread Prev