Re: Translations of folder names - two proposals
- From: Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- To: Jamie McCracken <jamiemcc blueyonder co uk>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Translations of folder names - two proposals
- Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 19:12:01 +0000
On Gwe, 2004-12-10 at 18:52, Jamie McCracken wrote:
> I've always wandered why the kernel couldn't just broadcast on Dbus or
> something whenever such a file change occurs. DNotify and INOtify can
Because files change at an astronomical rate. Having some kind of
scalable notification is a known concern and inotify is in part meant to
help fix that.
> give notification but both require you to specify the files you want to
> watch which is inefficient for a filesystem wide one (which we would
> need to keep Nautilus' metadata in sync).
Which namespace ? Not that Nautilus can handle namespaces right at the
anyway. What occurs if the file is on NFS and moved on another machine ?
What if I move it when Gnome isnt running.
] [Thread Prev