Re: nautilus and strange mime behaviour

Użytkownik Ian McKellar napisał:
On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 10:20 +0100, Marcin Krzyzanowski wrote:

Hi,

Yesterday I was suprised when after I click on .html file with nautilus and he open this page in konqueror (uhm). I have installed gnome and parts of kde, but I'm working with GNOME and nautilus. I have set epiphany as my default web browser in gnome-control-center and really this behaviour really suprised me.

I'm working with nautilus-2.8.1 and gnome-vfs2-2.8.3

I'm sure I did not change any mime settings and my ~/.local directory is empty.

I don't know why konqueror it at the first position on "Open with..." menu and epiphany at the third, after "text editor".

Shouldn't be here get default application from gnome-control-center ?

I expect konqueror is the default html application while epiphany might
be the default http application - a subtle but important difference in
some cases.

Ian

[krzak afroman applications]$ grep text/html -r .
./epiphany.desktop:MimeType=text/html;text/xml;application/xhtml+xml;
./kde/kfmclient_html.desktop:MimeType=text/html;application/xhtml+xml
./mimeinfo.cache:text/html=kde-kfmclient_html.desktop;epiphany.desktop;
[..]

right... but does it mean that KDE will take control under my GNOME preferences by himself ?

I mean.. shouldn't be there prefered GNOME applications database ?

--
Marcin Krzyżanowski