Re: build sherrif-ery - nautilus-media fails to configure

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 21:16 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 12:47 -0500, Luis Villa wrote:
> > I'd love to see someone do a detailed comparison of the thumbnailers and
> > property pages, make sure we're not losing anything big. But ATM, I have
> > to say it sounds like the right solution is to drop n-m and merge any
> > featurelets from the thumbnailers and property pages into totem. Thomas,
> > Hadess, thoughts?
>
> The only thing really missing, that I know of is to split the audio and
> video properties in the property tab to only show audio properties if
> there's no video.
>
> > [This assumes, of course, that we accept totem into the platform; I see
> > no strong suggestion that this won't happen.]

Personally I don't quite understand why we need to tie these features
(thumbnailing, properties, etc) to the installation of a specific media
player. I never quite understood why totem duplicated these already
existing Gnome features. (Well, I guess the original reason was because
bastien wanted to use xine instead of gst for implementing them.)

I would favour such features being in nautilus-media and totem only
being a media player.