Re: remove libgtop_names ?

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 12:39 -0500, Curtis Hovey wrote:

> Other apps in the desktop set their version as they see fit, some in
> sync with the developer platform, others like epiphany to their own
> scheme.  libgtop is free to choose its versioning scheme, but I think
> there must be a very strong argument to change it since it committed to
> match the rest of the developer platform.

Yeah, agreed.  Every library should strive to stay API compatible.

libwnck, which uses the platform versioning scheme, completely broke API
compatibility when a timestamp argument was added to wnck_window_close
between 2.6.2 and 2.6.2.1 (!).  Needless to say that this really sucked
for things like language bindings.

--
Bye,
-Torsten