Re: Proposal: gnome-user-share

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 22:13 -0500, Bryan Clark wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 21:35 -0500, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> > And also, please point me to all the security holes in libsoup and
> > epittance, if you are going to market "secure web server" for the
> > inclusion of g-u-s.
>
> Sorry, but I think the burden of proof for this would be on epittance
> and libsoup, as neither can claim to be as widely deployed and used as
> apache.

How secure is howl? It's not exactly a widely deployed piece of software
either. Yet, we still just shoved in and depended on it. And what about
neon? It's used by gnome-vfs now. I don't think security was one of the
primary claims to fame in either of the decisions to use them. Yet, we
do.

>   Just because security holes are not known yet does not mean
> that it is secure.

How very true. Just because Apache has had a lot of security holes, and
they've been fixed, doesn't mean there won't be more, either.

And likewise, just because no security holes are known, doesn't mean
there are any.

-- dobey