Re: Color Calibration

Hi,

Ross Burton <ross burtonini com> writes:

> I should probably correct myself -- visually impaired people use the
> high contrast themes, for colour blind people I've no idea what gamma
> correction would involve.  Maybe they'd have a setup which appeared
> corrected to them but was way off for people with "normal" vision.

If you want to get an impression on how gamma correction affects the
vision of people with color deficient vision, I'd suggest you take a
screenshot, load it in GIMP 2.0 and select the Display Filters from
the View menu. There's a display filter that simulates color blindness
and one that does gamma correction. Pleaying with these should help
you to find out if gamma correction helps to improve contrast for
people with color deficient vision.

Sven