Re: default theme consensus

Link Dupont wrote:
Yea, I'm not fond of the Metacity theme either. But I wanted something
different than the hacked up Industrial theme I was using.
I have a non-gradient theme that's exactly like SmoothGNOME/Glider.
http://home.subpop.net/~link/screenshots/misc/themes/GTK2-Smooth-Flat-
Shot.png
Is that any better? To me it looks funny all flat. Like it was deflated
or something.

I know this statement isn't much good without a mockup, but I think the key to gradients is that they should be *really* subtle. Windows XP actually does this well in the light beige colored areas.

Something in-between flat and super-gradient, maybe?

Steven Garrity