Re: default theme consensus

Bryan Clark wrote:
My opinion is that including the new themes in gnome-themes is a good
improvement for GNOME, however I haven't seen a great technical or
aesthetics reason for making the default switch.  To me it seems like
changing just for the sake of changing.

It's not just change for the sake of change. The current default is an absolutely horrid theme. Therefore, it's a marked improvement. The biggest problem with it is that the highlight colour is white in menus, blue in other selector widgets (like themes panel). It has little consistency, and it's ugly.

I believe that SmoothGnome would be the most logical change based on contrast, for any display. It is supposed to render widgets more correctly in a wider variety of programs. It is also my understanding that its engine is faster.

--Pat