Re: Please resync libegg in all modules

On Sat, 2004-08-07 at 05:31, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus FreeBSD org> writes:
>
> > I just had a libegg fix committed that correctly restores umask
> > after creating the ~/.recently-used file.  Without this, umask was
> > being set to 077 for all applications launched from the panel (e.g.
> > gnome-terminal) as well as all applications that made use of
> > recently-used files.
> >
> > It would be great if developers could resync the recently-used libegg
> > code so that this fix can be incorporated into GNOME 2.8 (if it's not
> > too late).  Thanks.
>
> Let me take this opportunity to ask about the state of the
> recently-used spec. I was going to implement support for
> ~/.recently-used in GIMP lately but I was told that the spec is
> considered broken and is about to be replaced soon anyway. Now your
> mail makes me think that it will continued to be used for quite a
> while. Is that right?

Honestly, I have no idea.  I do know that components like Nautilus and
gnome-panel use it, and this particular bug was causing umask to be
screwed up for apps like gnome-terminal.  Since this is present in GNOME
2.7.4, I was hoping developers could sync this change in time for GNOME
2.8.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke