Re: Proper Web Calendar [Was: GNOME 2.7/2.8 Proposed Schedule]

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 11:26:53PM +1000 or thereabouts, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Bill Haneman">
>
> > Why shouldn't we change this?  IOW key the freeze dates to the last
> > timezone before the dateline, or to UTC, or whatever...  having freezes
> > that sweep across from east to west doesn't seem to be all that important
> > IMO, what does it accomplish?
>
> It's easier to understand, it's easier to administer, and it's been working
> very well for ages now. I don't want to make people have to think about time
> zones and shit when worrying about release/freeze dates.

Just to be difficult (sorry), I don't find it easier to understand. Can't
speak for the admin, but sitting on #gnome as a release is (approximately)
due does result in lots of questions about "Is it out yet?" "Is it due out
yet?" "What timezone is the release schedule on?"

Telsa