Re: Proper Web Calendar [Was: GNOME 2.7/2.8 Proposed Schedule]

<quote who="Bill Haneman">

> Why shouldn't we change this?  IOW key the freeze dates to the last
> timezone before the dateline, or to UTC, or whatever...  having freezes
> that sweep across from east to west doesn't seem to be all that important
> IMO, what does it accomplish?

It's easier to understand, it's easier to administer, and it's been working
very well for ages now. I don't want to make people have to think about time
zones and shit when worrying about release/freeze dates.

We made it easy: One date worldwide.

- Jeff

    "GNOME, launched specifically to counter a threat to our freedom, is
       the free software project par excellence." - Richard Stallman