Re: 2.6 thoughts, questions, bugs and congrats

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 11:42:28PM +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

> > General
> > -------
> >  - one of my biggest bitches is that if you have a prompt you can't
> >    hit 'esc' to close it, even the simple ones where there are only two
> >    choices.  I'm going to guess that this is a toolkit problem not
> >    something that individual apps have to set up (at least for some
> >    dialoge types.
>
> Esc on dialogs is supposed to mean Cancel, not close the window (reasons
> has been discussed several times for the find dialog already, see
> usability list archives).
> If there are dialogs with a Cancel button that doesnt actually get
> cancelled on Esc please post bugs. GtkDialog handle it automatically,
> though it's still possible to get the code wrong.

Well a quick example is going into YELP for the nautilus docs, selecting
edit->find, and then trying to close the find window with 'esc'.  To my
thinking this should work, even though the button says 'close' and not
'cancel'.  Is this a case where a bug should be filed, or is it
something that would go to usability or something like that?

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain