Re: Yelp Help

Rob Adams wrote:
OK so the question now I guess is why do we even ship with the xml files
at all?  Why not simply pregenerate the files and just use the HTML?  It
seems pretty silly to have to know about and run a command to
pregenerate the files, since I think we can be fairly sure that few
users ever will.  Instead, they will do what I did and simply be
frustrated by how slow help is out of the box.

Whetever the pregenrated help is shiped or notis really up to whoever did the packaging. Yelp will fall back to transforming the xml if it is newer (that is you installed a newer version of the package). you can always just nuke the html and re-run yelp-pregenerate (or just run it if it wasn't there) if what came with the package was broken or buggy (there will never betime when all people re-distributing will have up to date help system setup).

You need to both:
	* be able to load help in the fastest possible way
	* make sure users have a way of always getting up to date help

--
	Sander

No Fate