Re: Proposal for inclusion of gmodconfig in GNOME 2.5

On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 18:43, Cyril Bortolato wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> I think sometimes non-technical users do need to be able to change
> the configuration of some modules (webcams, printers, sound cards...)
> without having to learn how to edit /etc/modules.conf.
>
> However as Sean also pointed out this tool is indeed too Linux
> specific, so GNOME may not be the right place.

Hrm. I don't believe I have had to. I don't even know what's
configurable :-)

If we're talking about hardware configuration, I think talking to the
xdg HAL would probably be a sensible way to do it; that way we're
abstracting ourselves from the hardware and each new bit of hardware
only needs to be added in one place.

--
Andrew Sobala <as583 cam ac uk>

Given by our hand in the meadow that is called Runnymede, between
Windsor and Staines, on the fifteenth day of June in the seventeenth
year of our reign.