Re: GNOME System Tools 0.29.0 "Where's my hack??" is out!

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 19:19, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 14:08, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 19:01, Mark Finlay wrote:
>
> > > dude, that would be so confusing. People would go and configure things
> > > only to find out that they don't have access to do it. There is really
> > > nothing in the gst that can be done as user so I see no benefit.
> >
> > You've obviously never seen the MacOS config tools :)
>
> Any screenshots and/or (Free Software viewable) movies/animations
> thereof available?

It's quite akin to the lockdown features we have now. Only users marked
as system administrators can modify the settings, you can lock the
settings and will need an admin's password to be allowed to change the
settings (pops up a window asking for a password, sudo-ish, no root
password). Click on the lock again and nobody can modify the settings.

Screenies:
http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/systempreferences/

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
You have to be 100% behind someone, before you can stab them in the
back.