Re: GNOME System Tools 0.29.0 "Where's my hack??" is out!

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 09:42, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="garnacho tuxerver net">
>
> > > It seems to have been on my 2.4/2.5 tarballs system. Very pleasing, apart
> > > from the length of the menu. ;-)
> >
> > that's a little problem, another bigger one (IMHO) might be mixing in the
> > same menu tools which require root password with other ones which doesn't...
> > any opinion? :/
>
> I don't think that's a huge problem, but I would love to see the g-s-t tools
> work a bit more like the Mac OS X control panels - only asking for the root
> password when it is required (ie. when actioning the change). That would be
> really sweet, though I don't know how feasible. :-)

dude, that would be so confusing. People would go and configure things
only to find out that they don't have access to do it. There is really
nothing in the gst that can be done as user so I see no benefit.

--
Mark Finlay
Computer Science Student

E-Mail:	sisob_AT_tuxfamily_DOT_org