Re: GNOME Toolkit

Le lun 13/10/2003 à 11:15, Jeff Waugh a écrit :
> > GNOME really needs to move their base over from a new, unstable,
> > untested toolkit to Motif.
>
> > Motif will bring GNOME and Linux into the 21st centuary!
>
> We're considering this for GNOME 3.0. It will have to wait until then
> because to maintain API/ABI compatibility for the 2.x series, we must
> continue using GTK+.

?!? I thought the consensus was on porting GNOME 3.0 to comdlg32.dll
(the Windows equivalent of libgnomeui/gtk+). It adds only tiny
dependencies (a few DLLs, libwine and wine itself), is at least as
widespread as Motif and has many robust high-quality developments tools.

I'm amazed. Are Sun devs so opposed to an x86-only GNOME 3.0 ?