Re: GNOME Toolkit

Xavier Bestel wrote:
Le lun 13/10/2003 à 11:15, Jeff Waugh a écrit :

GNOME really needs to move their base over from a new, unstable,
untested toolkit to Motif.

Motif will bring GNOME and Linux into the 21st centuary!

We're considering this for GNOME 3.0. It will have to wait until then
because to maintain API/ABI compatibility for the 2.x series, we must
continue using GTK+.

?!? I thought the consensus was on porting GNOME 3.0 to comdlg32.dll
(the Windows equivalent of libgnomeui/gtk+). It adds only tiny
dependencies (a few DLLs, libwine and wine itself), is at least as
widespread as Motif and has many robust high-quality developments tools.

I'm amazed. Are Sun devs so opposed to an x86-only GNOME 3.0 ?

Nope, not at all. We'll just run it under Bochs.

--
	Sander

Do daemons dream of electric sleep()?