Re: gnome system tools

On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 10:57, Ross Burton wrote:
> I think that g-s-t should cater for the "home" case, as that is the
> target audience really.  If users are stored in a remote LDAP server,
> the admin will probably end up wanting more than a trivial interface.

	Speaking of which - I was slightly depressed how easily "Windows
connection sharing" worked, esp. compared with the pain of setting up
DHCP / ipchains/tables/flavour-of-the-week-new-routing / masquerade etc.

	Perhaps what turns me off about this is that everytime someone proposes
this sort of thing they call it "firewall XYZ" which is just not
descriptive.

	Or something,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot