Re: [Re: [Re: Module proposal for gnome 2.5]]

Murray Cumming <murrayc usa net> wrote:
> I don't see any harm in talking about it earlier. Starting to talk about it
2
> months from now leaves only 1 month until the module freeze and feature
> freeze.
>
> Maybe it's enough if I point out that new modules will be included based on
> their features at the time, because of the schedule. There will be very
little
> chance to add features or correct major bugs after you get the "Yes, you're
> in" decision, even if the changes are added in response to the new-modules
> discussions. So, if you think your module should be in GNOME 2.6, try to
get
> it GNOME-ready before you even propose it.
>
> If talking about it earlier gets people in-sync with the schedule earlier,
> then I think that's a good thing. But obviously we should still have the
> official proposed-new-modules list at some point and an official discussion
> period.

But as Jeff says, it should be the module maintainers who start this off. It's
no good if everybody agrees that a module should go in GNOME 2.6 and we then
hear that the maintainer has no interest in doing that.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com