Re: Module proposal for gnome 2.5

Reinout van Schouwen <reinout cs vu nl>:
> Agreed completely. The same goes for gossip (IM client).

I think GNOME should stick with gaim. Gossip, AFAIK is a Jabber-client
only. Gaim, OTOH, has support for multiple protocols, which is nice for
people changing desktops.

> > - Evolution because Gnome-desktop needs a mail reader. Does anybody know
> > if the schedule of evolution 2.0 is compatible with gnome 2.5 ?
>
> In http://gnomedesktop.org/article.php?sid=1302, some people proposed
> Balsa and/or Sylpheed instead. To me this seems more in line with the KISS
> principle that Epiphany is setting an example of. OTOH I'm a Pine user
> myself so I don't know how well either client works compared to Evo.

Balsa doesn't look "GNOME-ish" to me. And Sylpheed is not even GTK+ 2.x
yet.

Evolution would be nice as a default mail reader. But, right now, it has
a lot of features that the normal user won't use (tasks, calendar, etc).
GNOME still needs some kind of "kmail", a mail reader that is nice to
the eyes but light enough to load fast.

--
Julio Biason <slow cscience org>
DeadBrainCells Software Development Inc