Re: Module proposal for gnome 2.5
- From: Reinout van Schouwen <reinout cs vu nl>
- To: Jean-Michel Ardantz <jmardantz ifrance com>
- Cc: GNOME Desktop List <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Module proposal for gnome 2.5
- Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 21:05:32 +0200 (CEST)
On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Jean-Michel Ardantz wrote:
> - Totem assuming that we will have a gstreamer version providing full
> video and dvd facilities (including interactivity support).
Agreed completely. The same goes for gossip (IM client).
> - Evolution because Gnome-desktop needs a mail reader. Does anybody know
> if the schedule of evolution 2.0 is compatible with gnome 2.5 ?
In http://gnomedesktop.org/article.php?sid=1302, some people proposed
Balsa and/or Sylpheed instead. To me this seems more in line with the KISS
principle that Epiphany is setting an example of. OTOH I'm a Pine user
myself so I don't know how well either client works compared to Evo.
Reinout van Schouwen Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl mobile phone: +31-6-44360778
] [Thread Prev