Re: PROPOSAL: Evolution for GNOME 2.6

Yeah, embedding the editor (Composer) is currently "Very Difficult If
Not Impossible" according to
http://www.mozilla.org/editor/editor-embedding.html
Fortunately, that page was recently modified (end of October 2003) and
it appears that the Mozilla folks are actively looking at addressing the
issue. I doubt it will be done in the GNOME 2.6 timeframe, however.

I agree that is not for 2.6 timeframe. (Probably trying to port yelp to
gecko would be more feasible).

Unfortunately I am not sure connecting the gecko ATK work in a plugin environment has ever been attempted. I made the point early on that this was desirable, so with luck it should be possible, but I doubt that it would be practical in a 2.6 timeframe either. Keep in mind that the accessibility code in Mozilla had to interoperate with MSAA on Windows, so the ATK support is not at all straightforward in its implementation; Mozilla implements its own 'nsiAccessible' interfaces which are bridged to ATK.

- Bill