Re: IMPORTANT: Modules requiring release for 2.5.0

Le jeu 20/11/2003 à 09:32, Jeff Waugh a écrit :
> > GnomeMeeting 1.00 is still to be considered as pre-alpha.
> >
> > What should I do?
>
> Does it need testing? :-) If you want it on the 2.5 radar, you need to stick
> to the schedule, otherwise, it won't go in.

Yes, but it is currently based on an heavily patched openh323 version
for plugins. If all patches are integrated in CVS soon enough, then I
can release it.

But for GNOME 2.4, SuSE took a Beta release tarball and released it for
their last version :/

> > Generate a pre-alpha tarball of it or remove the deprecated flags from the
> > old GnomeMeeting 0.98.5?
>
> It will make your life easier to have a *_D_D-fixed stable release when GTK+
> 2.4 comes out, so perhaps that's the right thing to do, regardless of the
> question above.

OK, I will see what I can do before monday.

> > Or leave it "as is" as GnomeMeeting is a less important module?
>
> s/is a less important module/has a very busy maintainer/ ;-)

Well, work, life, GnomeMeeting and few coding help ;)
But the real problem is that there are really big changes in the future
1.00, that's why it takes time.

I'll do my best to have a tarball on monday.
--
 _      Damien Sandras
(o-