Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Sound events and GnomeMeeting

> My question is thus: would it be opposed to the usability guidelines or
> GNOME policies if I was adding a section in the preferences for events
> permitting the user to choose a sound to play or a command to execute
> when event X happens? It would certainly break consistency (central
> configuration of sound events), but I think that is needed if I want to
> add things like "execute command when event x happens". Any idea or
> comments on how I should proceed?

It's not against the usability guidelines because the current HIG
doesn't speak of sound. Back in Feb I asked about this on the Usability
list. Here is a link to the paper that I found somewhere on the topic
http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~stephen/papers/BIT99.pdf.

Here is the response on the topic:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/usability/2003-May/msg00012.html

So I think your current idea is fine.