Re: Release Team's Almost-Final Modules List

On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 11:02, Aschwin van der Woude wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 11:52, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 07:36, Aschwin van der Woude wrote:
> > > I was wondering if libgda/gnome-db/mercheant is already officially part
> > > of the Gnome-project?
> > > Browsing the gnome website, I don't seem to get a clear answer on this.
> > >
> > > If it isn't included, I wonder what the reasons are. It seems like a
> > > mature, at least from a feature point-of-view, package.
> > > Or did the maintainers simply not propose it for inclusion??
> > >
> > gnome-db is part of gnome-office and is distributed in 5th toe.
>
> Thanks for clearing that up! :-)
>
> Does this give it the proper developer attention it needs, I mean outside
> developers looking at Gnome for implementation of their applications.

hmm, not sure it really gives all the attention we want.

> Should libgda/gnome-db not be part of the gnome developer platform, and
> perhaps just mercheant in fifth toe?

yes, that makes a lot of sense, since database access makes sense as
part of the developer platform.

So, I'll take your thought as a suggestion for the release team :-) Has
anybody anything against having libgda/libgnomedb in the development
platform?

cheers