Re: Personal remarks on Epiphany/Galeon [Was: Release Team's Almost-Final Modules List]

<quote who="iain">

> So, what advantage is there in having a collection of packages we deem to
> be "the desktop" over a list of all the programs that we think are of
> suitable quality and have reached the standards required, where "the
> desktop" is an arbitrary subset of this total list. Arbitrary because it
> depends entirely on needs that we perceive to exist or not to exist.

Because it defines the list of software that we have committed to support as
fundamental components of the GNOME Desktop Environment solution. Vendors
and users can see that as a mark of quality, maintenance and commitment. All
of these points were explained in my overview too. :-)

- Jeff

  "Whoever wrote [the Twisted documentation] uses a vivid and interesting
         style of prose which triggers pleasure." - Francois Pinard