Re: Personal remarks on Epiphany/Galeon [Was: Release Team's Almost-Final Modules List]

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 06:40, Jeff Waugh wrote:

>   - If GNOME does not include a browser with 2.4, users and distributions
>     will choose. It's not like people will suddenly not have a browser. :-)
>     I think this is a crucial point because it lets us make a "Linus-style"
>     lazy decision -> let the community decide. By the time we get to module
>     selection for 2.6, I'm sure we'll see a clear winner.

Which, once again, makes me wonder why we have this fight to get
applications into some mythical utopic entity called "The Desktop".
Having an easy way to find software which has been blessed/certified
would, as afar as I can tell, fix these problems, because we can bless
both browsers and leave it up to the user to decide.

iain
--
"I plan to sell out, as soon as I have something to sell"