RE: Personal remarks on Epiphany/Galeon [Was: Release Team's Almo st-Final Modules List]
- From: iain <iain prettypeople org>
- To: Murray Cumming Comneon com
- Cc: jdub perkypants org, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: RE: Personal remarks on Epiphany/Galeon [Was: Release Team's Almo st-Final Modules List]
- Date: 29 May 2003 16:59:59 +0100
On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 15:24, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > From: iain [mailto:iain prettypeople org]
> > Have a very very minimum set of utilities,
> > and then have a gnome certified applications website, that you can
> > actually find programs on, and let people work out what is
> > best for them
> > themselves.
> It's 5th Toe. It exists.
No, 5th toe is as I and others seem to understand it, a "staging area"
for moving into the desktop release, and as such causes the problems we
saw when gnomemeeting was denied.
If 5th Toe was simply a website listing applications then that would be
fine. It doesn't solve the issues that I see with having "a desktop
"Miss Celine Dion sings lovesongs while our cities burn"
] [Thread Prev