gswitchit [Was: Release Team's Almost-Final Modules List]

<quote who="Sergey V. Oudaltsov">

> GSwitchIt is supposed to be compatible with any X server supporting XKB
> extention (if it is not - you can file a bug) - which includes many
> (most?) modern X servers. And XFree 4.3.0 gives some more features which
> are used by gswitchit. These features were not added by Ivan Pascal just
> for fun - they are really useful from i18n POV.

Okay, so somewhere along the line misinformation about gswitchit went
rampant and poisoned everyone's minds. :-)

The remaining significant points about gswitchit were: its level of
integration within GNOME, and usability / interface design problems.

We need to ensure that further integration work will not require new
features beyond the feature freeze on June 9, and given that the initial UI
freeze is on July 7, we also need to be sure that gswitchit is at least
ready for UI review by then (rather than being at the 'redesign' stage).

Is this stuff doable, and if it happens, will gswitchit have broad user
support? (I'm assuming it will, given comments about the current switcher!)

- Jeff

   "Anyone getting 1 Gigabit/sec for $20 is tele-commuting from the year
                           2217..." - Paul Haddon