Re: Release Team's Almost-Final Modules List

>> We depend on latest Mozilla versions in our browsers, why we so afraid
>> to depend on new XFree features? Take a look on XFree start up.
>> Developers say it become outdated in 6-12 months.

>Because GNOME needs to be compatible with older XFree86 servers and
>non-XFree86 servers.

GSwitchIt is supposed to be compatible with any X server supporting XKB extention (if it is not - you can file a bug) - which includes many (most?) modern X servers. And XFree 4.3.0 gives some more features which are used by gswitchit. These features were not added by Ivan Pascal just for fun - they are really useful from i18n POV.

Sergey