Re: Major change in desktop handling

> Actually, as a until-very-recently proponent of $HOME as desktop, I
> think ~/Desktop is probably better; the reasoning being so many stupid
> _argh!_ programs make folders in $HOME
>
> Unless Nautilus gets a way to hide items (like the menues) but then also
> a good way to unhide items (unlike the menues), $HOME is probably always
> going to be a bad choice so long as there are companies/vendors that
> think a shell script is a good way to install software.  (/me is bitter)

Don't let a missing feature in nautilus put you off. This is a REALLY
bad reason to justify using ~/Desktop. As I remember there was talk on
nautilus-list about adding a mechanism for hiding files without adding
dots before them.

--
		 .--= [ MArk Finlay - sisob ] =--.

        [ Gnome User's Board : www.gnomesupport.org/forums ]