Re: Major change in desktop handling

On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 22:00, Sean Middleditch wrote:

> Actually, as a until-very-recently proponent of $HOME as desktop, I
> think ~/Desktop is probably better; the reasoning being so many stupid
> _argh!_ programs make folders in $HOME

Actually, I said this too at one point, but then I changed it and
discovered that the only program I have a problem with was Evolution
(damn it), and lynx (on the vague occasions that I use it). I
reconfigured my apache so that ~/Web Site was my website directory and
that makes publishing my web site stuff very easy. Well, that combined
with spring loaded folders. Mmmmmm

iain
--
"Miss Celine Dion sings lovesongs while our cities burn"