RE: theming issues

El mar, 13 de 05 de 2003 a las 21:53, Luis Villa escribió:
> On Fri, 2003-05-02 at 02:55, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > > From: Sean Middleditch [mailto:elanthis awesomeplay com]
> > > A very clean
> > > refreshing modern new look for GNOME 2.4 might do a lot for users,
> > > psychologically, since little things like that seem to have a lot
> > > larger  effect on people than it should.  ~,^
> >
> > Not if people never see it, because distro do their own thing.
>
> The distros many of us use (rh, ximian, mdk) do their own thing. We
> shouldn't neglect what CVS-based developers or debian users (just to
> name a few) should see. I'm looking at grabbing morphix[1] but I'm
> really afraid of what I'll see when I boot up- i.e., how much pain I'll
> need to go through to make a morphix CD look pretty at startup. GNOME
> should be beautiful by default- distros should modify it for branding
> reasons, not because it's butt ugly.
have you checked gnome-live cd from the project metadistros?
you will soon be able to access a web page, check what
packages/application (from Debian) you want, choose backgrounds, themes,
boot screen etc and get an iso image to be burned.
http://metadistros.hispalinux.es
It's a spanish project
Descargas=download
There is a english-spanish list.
If you need any further information, do not hesitate and contact me.
Yours: nestor diaz
hispalinux.es
augcyl.org
gimp.es.gnome.org