Re: Issues with gnome cvs (regressions)
- From: Mark McLoughlin <mark skynet ie>
- To: Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpeseng tin it>
- Cc: Jeroen Zwartepoorte <jeroen xs4all nl>, Mike <mike redtux demon co uk>, Desktop Devel <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Issues with gnome cvs (regressions)
- Date: 13 May 2003 12:05:15 +0100
On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 09:52, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> > Shouldn't you always do a g_object_unref on the GConfClient * you get
> > back from gconf_client_get_default () ?
> Yeah it's necessary according to the docs. I was doing it on the model
> of the calls below.
> Anyway http://mpgritti.oltrelinux.com/gconf_client is a patch to unref
> consistently in the file types panel.
> Maybe using a global var to store the client would have been cleaner ...
Yes, creating and destroying a GConfClient every time you want to
set/get a key is a little excessive :-) I always just leak the reference
or use a global variable - either way its much the same thing.
'Course it would be nice if the default GConfClient was global to GConf
.... maybe it would be good to just let gconf_client* take NULL and a
global default client would be used ?
] [Thread Prev