Re: Issues with gnome cvs (regressions)

Hey,

On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 09:52, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

> > Shouldn't you always do a g_object_unref on the GConfClient * you get
> > back from gconf_client_get_default () ?
>
> Yeah it's necessary according to the docs. I was doing it on the model
> of the calls below.
> Anyway http://mpgritti.oltrelinux.com/gconf_client is a patch to unref
> consistently in the file types panel.

> Maybe using a global var to store the client would have been cleaner ...

	Yes, creating and destroying a GConfClient every time you want to
set/get a key is a little excessive :-) I always just leak the reference
or use a global variable - either way its much the same thing.

	'Course it would be nice if the default GConfClient was global to GConf
.... maybe it would be good to just let gconf_client* take NULL and a
global default client would be used ?

Good Luck,
Mark.