Re: Panel behaviour under Xinerama

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 05:16:24PM +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> 	Yes, that (panel for each monitor) has been the behaviour for quite
> some time now (pre 2.0). It just keeps coming up again and again "I want
> my panel to span multiple monitors", so I thought I'd throw it out for
> discussion ...

Hmm, just read the start of this thread and that fascinating bug
report. ;-)

I would say a global setting for "my monitors are a single logical
monitor" is good, as long as it affects all of toolkit, WM, and panel;
but a panel-specific "span all xineramas" option is kind of bogus.

If your monitors are a single logical monitor then having asymmetric
xinerama seems broken; you might even disallow "single logical
monitor" mode if the aggregate monitor isn't a rectangle.  Since
handling nonrectangular screens can't really be done sanely unless you
treat each screen as a separate head.

Havoc