Re: 2.4 Proposed Modules - 2 weeks left

Murray Cumming Comneon com writes:
From: Julien Olivier [mailto:julo altern org] I have read lot of flamewars between emacs and vi but I never read any
flamewar between gedit and any of them. Gedit is just a plain text
editor. It doesn't have 10% of the functions emacs and vi have but it
has 90% of the functions a text editor (by opposition to code editor)
should have. If GNOME had to provide a _code_ editor, I would say that gedit is very bad choice (at least for the moment). But GNOME _desktop_ doesn't really
aim to provide a code editor, does it ?

You'll be pleased to hear that gedit now supports syntax-highlighting for
code. No, I don't think it's a good idea either.

Well I'm sort of ashamed to admit it, but I use gedit for hacking and when I was in the windows world I used notepad. But this is probably because I was just way too lazy to learn all the emacs/vi keybindings. dave