Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] 2.4 Proposed Modules - GnomeMeeting

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 11:52:06AM -0400, German Poo Caaman~o wrote:
> El mié, 07-05-2003 a las 11:05, Andrew Sobala escribió:
> > On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 15:51, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > It seems you never tried GnomeMeeting either.
> > >
> > No. I don't have a microphone and nobody I know uses audio-type chat.
> > That's the point.
>
> Here, there are a group of users that uses NetMeeting in a intensive
> way (video-conferences with USA universities by Internet2). This
> groups are growing quicker than I expected.

Netmeeting is used extensively here at work.  Although more for
it's Application sharing abilities rather than it's voice/chat
capabilities.  Oddly, it's the one app that's preventing me from
switching over.  I think they looked at gnomemeeting, but was
dropped since it didn't have application sharing.

Just some data points.  I'm not falling on one or the other.

(BTW per application sharing is really needed in Linux space..)

sri