RE: [GnomeMeeting-list] 2.4 Proposed Modules - GnomeMeeting

Le mer 07/05/2003 à 18:00, Andrew Sobala a écrit :
> I haven't estimated. I don't know. It's less than a web browser, e-mail
> client, or text editor, though.

That's right, but I still think that offering that kind of application
in the desktop release would be nice for GNOME, but perhaps I'm wrong.
GNOME has the opportunity to include an application that other desktops
do not include yet, and it is rejecting that opportunity. And VOIP is
far to be a niche market, believe me, we can't count the number of
companies around VOIP. Actually there are far more VOIP users than Linux
users. I agree most of them are in companies and are not normal users,
but is GNOME limited to normal users?

> I don't care what code it uses; being part of GNOME does not require
> dependencies. Unless you're proposing a complete toolkit port - not a
> very worthwhile use of hacker time - it will stay a GNOME app if you
> remove these dependencies and provide the functionality otherwise.

Well, for me, XChat, GAIM and GIMP are not GNOME applications, but only
GTK applications. GnomeMeeting is currently a GNOME application.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org