RE: [GnomeMeeting-list] 2.4 Proposed Modules - GnomeMeeting

Le mer 07/05/2003 à 17:05, Andrew Sobala a écrit :

> No. I don't have a microphone and nobody I know uses audio-type chat.
> That's the point.

Just because you don't know anybody using audio-type chat doesn't mean
it is not used and nobody should use it.

Nearly everybody I know uses audio-type chat.

> That's _exactly_ the argument against putting it in the core. Is there
> something wrong with GnomeMeeting staying in 5th toe if most other
> applications with a similarly-sized user percentage do _not_ go in the
> core?

How can you estimate the user percentage using a program, I'm interested
to know. Is it just based on the people you know?

> > I can also
> > achieve the same level of functionnality without depending on GNOME at
> > all.
>
> Go for it, then. External dependencies are bad if you've got better
> stuff internally to use.

Don't make me say what I didn't say, but perhaps you mean that *you* do
not care if GnomeMeeting stays a GNOME app or not?

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org