Re: 2.4 Proposed Modules - gedit-plugins

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 03:48:02PM +0200, Paolo Maggi wrote:
> P.S. I have still not released gedit 2.3.1 since I have some problems
> with scrollkeeper I don't know how to solve and so at the moment gedit
> does not pass "make distcheck".

Is this the make uninstall stuff (scrollkeeper files not uninstalled)?
That's what's been keeping much of GNOME from moving to newer
automake.

Tom Tromey added a variable (distuninstallcheck_listfiles) which
should be in 1.7 specifically for us to use as a workaround here. Look
at the generated Makefile for automake to see how it works:

 distuninstallcheck_listfiles = find . -type f -print

Need to change that "find" to a command that excludes the scrollkeeper
generated files.

The real fix would be to scrollkeeper, so that when it runs
scrollkeeper-update if there's nothing in the index it deletes the
index files entirely.

Havoc