Re: Large slowdowns / networking related
- From: Joshua Eichorn <jeichorn joshuaeichorn com>
- To: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- Cc: Mike Hearn <mike theoretic com>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Large slowdowns / networking related
- Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 11:14:21 -0700
I would do the gdb stack trace too, but rpms in redhat9 have the debug
data in a seperate rpm and i don't happen to know where those are.
Michael Meeks wrote:
On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 17:29, Joshua Eichorn wrote:
To reproduce i just added 192.168.1.1 (ip doesn't exist) as the first
name server in my resolv.conf. After that starting any gnome app took
around 3 seconds longer, the same problem was not see when running xterm.
The area around the slowdown when running an strace on gedit is pasted
Sadly this is slightly too cropped ;-) we need a web link to the
previous 100 lines, or better a stack trace from gdb of a program
interrupted when it's doing this (just being lazy - I imagine it's the
ORB doing something daft).
] [Thread Prev