Re: A desktop framework/daemon
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Philip Van Hoof <spamfrommailing freax org>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: A desktop framework/daemon
- Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 14:50:56 -0400
Please, only crosspost to 2 lists at most in usual circumstances; only
one of gnome-hackers/desktop-devel-list is needed, and gnome-announce
shouldn't have discussion type stuff.
On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 06:56:23PM +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> My opinion is that a lot desktop-things could be like a service :
> - The list of open windows (for taskbars)
> - The current song playing in your audio application (and the available
> - The people who are online at this moment (msn, AOL, Yahoo, IRC, ...)
> - Your E-mails
> - The history in your browser and bookmarks
> - ...
Of course, Bonobo is already supposed to do this, and DCOP in KDE.
D-BUS is intended to unify these two for generic desktop-independent
] [Thread Prev