Re: A desktop framework/daemon

Hi,

Please, only crosspost to 2 lists at most in usual circumstances; only
one of gnome-hackers/desktop-devel-list is needed, and gnome-announce
shouldn't have discussion type stuff.

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 06:56:23PM +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> My opinion is that a lot desktop-things could be like a service :
>
>  - The list of open windows (for taskbars)
>  - The current song playing in your audio application (and the available
>    songs)
>  - The people who are online at this moment (msn, AOL, Yahoo, IRC, ...)
>  - Your E-mails
>  - The history in your browser and bookmarks
>  - ...

Of course, Bonobo is already supposed to do this, and DCOP in KDE.
D-BUS is intended to unify these two for generic desktop-independent
services.

Havoc