Re: 524 open PATCH bugs... eek

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 13:26, Ronald Bultje wrote:
> Hey Luis,
>
> On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 18:56, Luis Villa wrote:
> > Of course, it should be pointed out that even if you are stressed, the
> > best way to become unstressed is to encourage a patch submitted to
> > become a co-maintainer by promptly reviewing and accepting their
> > patches. ;)
>
> ... assuming you're stressed primarily because of your project work, and
> not by something that's not related to your Gnome project work at all.
> ;). Doesn't bear your point, but don't forget that some of us don't do
> this for a living. :).

<nod> But when I was doing this for fun, the single thing that stressed
me out the most was when outside stresses meant my users got screwed
because I wasn't able to find time to maintain my project. So having
other maintainers meant my project wasn't dead just because of my job or
my classes or whatever. That applies to all of us, I'd think, whether or
not gnome is for fun or for work.

Luis