Re: please can we change the default background color for 2.2
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu>
- Cc: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, MArk Finlay <sisob eircom net>, Jonathan Blandford <jrb redhat com>, desktop-devel-list gnome org, release-team gnome org
- Subject: Re: please can we change the default background color for 2.2
- Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:47:36 -0500 (EST)
Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu> writes:
> On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 13:56, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 09:55:34PM +0000, MArk Finlay wrote:
> > > Are you talking about for the icon theme of the meta theme?
> > I'm talking about the theme ("theme" means "metatheme", specific theme
> > components are "subtheme" or "icon theme" or something).
> > > Oh and I just looked again. And there is a default metatheme, but
> > > "Plain" is used by default. Maybe default should be used by default :)
> > You can't use a theme named default by default because then if you
> > change the default the non-default will be called default. ;-)
> No. If you change the Default you change the theme called Default...
> just like if you change the terminal you change the application called
Think of a distribution changing their default. By your scheme,
they have to:
A) Rename the default theme to something else (the Red Hat GTK+ packages
rename the GTK+ default theme to "Raleigh")
B) Rename the theme they want to be the default to Default.
And then suddenly, their is all this confusion because the Default
theme on my computer is different than the Default theme on your
Themes named "Default" are just evil.
] [Thread Prev