Re: Major feature that is missing in gnome

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 15:45, Calum Benson wrote:
> So I'm somewhat inclined to keep
> the results to myself until a representative number of non-technical
> users reply as well, which currently looks like it isn't going to happen
> :)

Oh, but if anyone else thinks they can get some non-technical GNOME
users to reply, here's the short survey we asked people to fill in:

 1. Which of the following elements do you consider to be part of your
    computer's "desktop"?  Check all that apply:

    [ ] Picture or solid color that appears behind all open windows
    [ ] Icons that appear behind all open windows
    [ ] Panels (such as the CDE front panel or GNOME menu panel)
    [ ] All currently-open windows and applications
    [ ] All windows and applications available on your system
    [ ] Other, please specify: ...

 2. Do you normally use multiple workspaces?  If so, what do you
    consider to be part of your "desktop" at any given time?

    [ ] All elements checked in Q1 above, on your current workspace only

    [ ] All elements checked in Q1 above, on all combined workspaces
    [ ] I don't use multiple workspaces

 3. Which of the following windowing systems do you or have you
    regularly used?  Check all that apply:

    [ ] CDE         [ ] Microsoft Windows 95/98/NT/2000
    [ ] GNOME       [ ] Microsoft Windows XP
    [ ] OpenWindows [ ] Macintosh OS7/8/9
    [ ] KDE         [ ] Macintosh OSX

    [ ] Other (please specify):...

 4. Which of the following best describes your job function:

    [ ] Technical
    [ ] Non-technical

Cheeri,
Calum.