Re: gnome_url_show proposal
- From: Mark McLoughlin <mark skynet ie>
- To: Frank Worsley <fworsley shaw ca>
- Cc: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>, Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, Rodney Dawes <dobey free fr>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: gnome_url_show proposal
- Date: 27 Feb 2003 11:57:30 +1300
On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 09:56, Frank Worsley wrote:
> > Why? /desktop/gnome/applications is where all the specific applications
> > you've picked to use are. Seems like an excellent place to store the
> > terminal.
> Just because the schema for that key is installed by gnome-desktop (I
> think). So then for that key to be guaranteed to contain a valid value
> gnome-vfs would depend on that.
> But I guess it doesn't really matter. gnome-vfs can just check that key
> and if it isn't set then either fall back to a default value or check it's
> own key (like /apps/gnome-vfs/terminal). That way people can set-up a
> custom terminal for gnome-vfs without installing gnome-desktop.
Its installed by libgnome - your point is still valid though. Its easy
to fix, thouugh - just move the schemas to gnome-vfs.
] [Thread Prev