Re: Toolbar keyboard navigation

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 20:49, Bill Haneman wrote:

> > > Yes, that's it in a nutshell.
> >
> > One thing I just of: what do you do with items like entries, where the
> > arrow keys already have a function?
>
> I'm not sure what's best - Calum?
> It occurs to me that up/down arrows (which otherwise would be redundant
> with right/left arrows) would probably work, unless the entry field is a
> multi-line one.
>
> Perhaps we could use 'Ctrl-arrow' in much the same way we currently use
> "Ctrl-TAB" to move focus from a control that eats TAB.

That wouldn't work, unfortunately-- entries eat Ctrl-arrow as well, to
move the cursor a word at a time.  The only option that springs to mind
right now is just to use Ctrl-Tab anyway, which is probably what people
will try first even though it's conceptually somewhat broken in this
case :/

Cheeri,
Calum.