Re: gnome-terminal awfully slow - RESOLVED!

Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com> writes:

>> What's wrong? I can see those fonts with non-xft programs.
>
> Install freetype 2.1.3 with zlib support ENABLED..

My fonts are not gzipped. But I found the reason of the problem:
apparently fontconfig does not support any encodings other than
ISO8859-1 and ISO10646-*. :-( I'm going to transfer my BDF fonts to
unicode now...

--
\  /                                       vlad hashbang de
 \/lad                                     http://www.hashbang.de